Friday, July 27, 2007

part II

People often ask me what it's like with two kids. These are usually people who only have one and are thinking about a second. My standard response is that it isn't as hard as other people tell you it will be. Because I had a lot of people telling me two under a year and a half would be like trying to catch a chicken with one hand tied behind your back. It's not that bad.
It took me a while to get into the groove, but now I pretty much have my routine down. My one trouble time is breakfast. Both kids are hungry, both kids are looking for vastly different things in terms of breakfast and both want to eat NOW.
This morning was particularly stressful. Sophie was in the living room crying and Jude was in the kitchen with me pulling me in the direction of the fridge (eggs) and the cupboard (cheerios) and the counter (fruit) and getting upset each time I told him I had things under control (the egg was in the pan, the fruit was on the cutting board). I took a second to run in and offer a quick kiss to Sophie (which only ended up making her more upset when I rushed back out to check on the egg) and guess what I heard when I came into the kitchen.
Jude was sitting at the counter on one of the stools, wearing nothing but a diaper and a backwards baseball. He started banging on the counter with his fists.
"Service, please! Service please!" He was yelling at me.
Gee, I wonder where he got that one from.

No comments: