Saturday, September 22, 2007

I guess the other reason that it's hard to write these days is that I have two kids. One is slightly more mobile than she used to be, demanding more stimulation than a simple teether can offer. Right now in fact she is sitting in the computer room with me. I have her parked in front of the mirrored closet doors and she is shrieking with joy and camaraderie at the adorably charming gal she sees in front of her ("Oh you're just so cute!" I imagine she is saying, "I just LOVE your outfit!" As she yells and screeches away at her own reflection).

Oh. And the other other thing is that every time I sit down to write, I forget what it was I was going to write about.

But how's this?
Thursday I was reading a blog entry by another woman who was describing how her daughter (who is a month older than Jude) had just asked to sit on the potty and then proceeded to actually pee in it. Well, needless to say I was a bit jealous. I'd always heard that boys took longer and were harder to train than their female counterparts.

And then (was there something in the air?) a few hours after my reading that Jude suddenly wants his pants taken off. Um, okay. And then off with the shirt - the diaper came off next. Jude ran over to the bathroom door and yells, "Mummy! Door!" So to open the door I go. And Jude climbed up on the toilet and sat and strained and then stood up and waved his groin in the general area of the toilet (Justin assures me this is not how he pees) spit into the water and then flushed the toilet, waving, "Bye-bye poo-poo."

So he didn't actually 'perform' on the toilet, but he sat there. And since Thursday we have repeated this scene about 5 times. Last night we went out and bought him a potty. He quite enjoyed sitting on it. And every time the urine deflector fell off (10 minutes into owning a potty and we're already thinking about getting a different one, one with a more sturdy urine deflector) I had to reach in and secure it back in to place or else put up with , "Mummy! Broken! Mummy! Broken!"

Well, Jude is awake now and Sophie has turned herself around so she is no longer amusing herself with that fascinating child in the mirror. Have a picture!
Clean clean clean!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: